Department of Educational Studies Webpage
- Emily Bouck was named a Purdue University Faculty Scholar for the College of Education in 2011.
- Ayse Ciftci was named to the Editorial Board of the Journal of Counseing Psychology for the 2012 year.
- Purdue's School Counseling program was selected as one of three recipients of the 2010 NBCC (National Board of Certified Counselors) Professional Identity Award. This national award is "intended for programs that meet and exceed the professional standards in the counseling profession." Additionally, a $5000 award will be made to the School Counseling program to "aid in [their] continued efforts to bolster the profession."
- Bridget Miller, a first-year doctoral student in special education and TISE fellow received a "Science Women for Purdue Giving Grant" to support a science-based research project with children who experience disabilities.
- Congratulations to the faculty and students of the School Counseling program. A team of first-year School Counseling students won honorable mention in the national 2010 Graduate Student Ethics Competition at the master's level. This annual competition is sponsored by the American Counseling Association Ethics Committee. Team members Hannah Sasser, Courtney Oliver, Melissa Tanner, and Arielle Falardeau will be named in Counseling Today and on the ACA website and will be recognized at the ACA convention in New Orleans in March.