Educational Psychology & Research Methodology
Department of Educational Studies
Research interests include interested in finding and developing talent in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), particularly in under represented and under served P-12 students, and creativity in the STEM disciplines.
|Ph.D.||University of Connecticut, 2005, Educational Psychology|
|M.A.T.||Colorado College, 1996, Elementary Education|
|M.S.||University of Southern California, 1980, Systems Management|
|B.A.||Albion College, 1974, Mathematics|
- Mann, E. L. (in press). The search for mathematical creativity: Can we identify creative potential in middle school students? Creativity Research Journal.
- Mann, E. L. (2009). Mathematical creativity. In B. Kerr (Ed.), Encyclopedia of giftedness, creativity, and talent. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Mann, E. L. (2009). Creativity in engineering. In B. Kerr (Ed.), Encyclopedia of giftedness, creativity, and talent. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Mann, E. L. (2008). Parental perceptions of mathematical talent. Social Psychology of Education 11, 43-57.
- Mann, E. L. (2006). Creativity: the essence of mathematics, Journal for the Education of the Gifted. 30 (2), 236-260.
|2007-present||Assistant Professor of Education Studies
College of Education, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
|2006-2007||Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, College of Education with a joint appointment in the Department of Mathematics, College of Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN|
|2005-2006||Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, College of Education Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN|
|2003-2005||Research Associate-National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented; Adjunct Faculty, Neag School of Education, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT|
|2002-2003||Seventh Grade Mathematics Teacher, Hall Memorial School, Willington, CT|
|1998-2002||Eighth Grade Science, Mathematics Teacher and Gifted Education Coordinator, Memorial School, Bow NH|
|1997-1998||Fifth Grade Classroom Teacher
Atkinson Academy, Atkinson, NH
|1996-1997||Fifth Grade Classroom Teacher
Rockrimmon Elementary, Colorado Springs, CO
|1975-1996||United States Air Force|
|EDPS 542||Curriculum and Program Development in Gifted Education|
|EDPS 430||Creating and Managing Learning Environments|
|EDPS 540||Gifted, Creative, and Talented Children|
|EDPS 534||Introduction To Educational Research II: Measurement Consideration|