Teresa Taber Doughty
Professor of Special Education
Department of Educational Studies
Taber-Doughty's research topics include assistive technology, instructional strategies, community-based instruction, and moderate/severe disabilities.
- Bouck, E. C., Taber-Doughty, T., Flanagan, S., Szwed, K., & Bassette, L. (in press). Is the pen mightier? Using pentop computers to improve students' writing. Journal of Special Education Technology.
- Taber-Doughty, T. & Jasper, A. (submitted). Assessing educator data reliability: Which method is best?
- Taber-Doughty, T., Bouck, E. C., Tom, K., Jasper, A., Flanagan, S., & Bassette, L. (submitted). Video modeling and prompting: A comparison of two strategies for teaching cooking skills to students with mild intellectual disabilities.
- Gama, R., Alberto, P., Bassette, L., Taber-Doughty, T., & Cihak, D. (submitted). Integrating technology and safety instruction for students with moderate intellectual disabilities.
- Bassette, L. & Taber-Doughty, T. (submitted). Reading with the Dogs- The effects of a canine reading curriculum on the reading comprehension skills in students with emotional and behavioral disabilities.
||Georgia State University, 1996, Special Education
||Georgia State University, 1990, Severe Disabilities
||Auburn University, 1984, Mental Retardation
- Taber-Doughty, T., Shurr, J., Brewer, J., & Kubik, S. (2010). Standard care and telecare services: A comparison of two service systems for supporting consumers with intellectual disabilities in their own homes. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research.
- Brewer, J., Taber-Doughty, T., & Kubik, S. (May 2010). Perceived effectiveness of a home-based telecare system for adults with intellectual disabilities in Indiana: A multi-stakeholder perspective. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 16, 265-269.
- Da Fonte, M. A., Pufpaff, L., & Taber-Doughty, T. (2010). Storybook interactions: A comparison of vocabulary usage. Psychology in the Schools, 47(5), 514-524.
- Da Fonte, M. A., & Taber-Doughty, T. (2010). The use of alternative communication modes with infants. How early can we start? Early Child Development and Care, 180(4), 417-439.
- Bouck, E. C., Bassette, L., Taber-Doughty, T., Flanagan, S. M., & Szwed, K. (2009). Pentop computers as tools for teaching multiplication to students with mild intellectual disabilities. Education and Training in Developmental Disabilities, 44(3), 367-380.
||Associate Professor of Educational Studies
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
||< Lafayette, West University, Purdue Assistant,>Assistant Professor, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
||Visiting Instructor, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
||Adjunct Professor, Oglethorpe University, Atlanta, GA
||Applied Behavior Analysis for Teachers
||Collaboration and Transition in Special Education
||Medical and Physical Management of Disabilities
||Severely Disabled Individuals: Advances In Intervention Research
||Single Subject Research
||Adv. Applied Behavior Analysis
||Adv. Consultation Models and Practices in Special Education